CASTLE ROCK, Colo. — In a neighborhood meeting in Castle Rock Wednesday night, Fire Chief Art Morales shared the cause of a house explosion with almost 150 residents in that area.
Morales says, “We are 100 percent sure this was caused by natural gas.”
It turns out there was a leak in a room with the furnace and water heater at 6942 Sulpher Lane. One of the appliances caused a spark on October 12 and the incredibly powerful explosion obliterated the house.
Morales says, “We don’t know which one of those appliances this was, we just know that that’s the point of origin.”