Man gets 336 years for sex assault on teen | Crime
By Chris Michlewicz/Highlands Ranch Hearald
A man convicted of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a young girl at the Lone Tree Library will spend the rest of his life behind bars.
Scott James Sylvia, 27, was sentenced by a Douglas County District Court judge Sept. 3 to 336 years to life in prison for the 2008 assault in the parking lot of the library. Sylvia was found guilty June 9 of kidnapping, sexual assault, aggravated robbery, first-degree criminal trespass, two counts of second-degree assault and retaliation against a witness or victim.
In a tersely worded overview of the case during the sentencing hearing, presiding judge Paul A. King called Sylvia’s actions against the victim “unimaginable.”
“The crime that you committed on the victim was brutal,” he said. “I cannot imagine the horror she must have felt when you sexually assaulted her, Mr. Sylvia.”
Upcoming Events near Castle Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multi-vehicle crash closes NB I-25 in south metro Denver, several hurt
- Water main break may close Centennial street for multiple days
- Broncos coach John Fox, 700 other men get together to fight breast cancer
- Explosions, 3 floors engulfed during 2-alarm Centennial condo fire
- Second robber convicted after victim fought off two attackers with a hammer
- Someone may be shooting randomly at cars on Jefferson County highways
- Group threatens to sue charter school over students’ charitable project
- Ramp from EB C-470 to NB I-25 closed for emergency repairs
- Tip about explosive device leads to bomb squad search at Chatfield H.S.
- 7th grader’s beer experiment heading to International Space Station
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them
- Pizza business concerned about impact of possible King Soopers expansion