Sheriff enacts Stage 2 fire restrictions | Environment
On September 14, 2010, The Douglas County Board of Commissioners Reinstated Ordinance No. O-003-001, an ordinance restricting open fires and open burning in the unincorporated areas of Douglas County, Excluding the National Forest.
By Order of Sheriff David A Weaver Stage 2 fire restrictions shall be in place until further Executive Order of the Sheriff or formal action by the Board of County Commissioners.
Open burning of any kind.
Use and sale of fireworks.
Use of charcoal grills and fires in chimneys, other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits.
Campfires at developed campgrounds or picnic areas.
Cooking on gas or liquid fueled stoves or grills.
Violation of these fire restrictions is a Class-2 Petty Offense, punishable by up to a $600.00 fine and a $22.00 surcharge.
Additional information on fire restriction stages can be located at the Douglas County Emergency Management website: http://www.dcsheriff.net/emergencymanagement/Fire_Restrictions.html
Top Castle Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Person of interest’ in Greenwood Village slaying killed self, police say
- Prison sentence for man who sexually assaulted step-daughter
- Colorado veterans making life-saving product for the battlefield
- Two-alarm fire breaks out at Southglenn shopping center
- Fix Me Friday: Young soccer star gets upgraded at Soccer Stop