Contractor Licensing fees waived in Unincorporated Douglas County through July 1, 2013 | Business
The Douglas County Board of County Commissioners determined that waiving the collection of contractor licensing fees is in the best interest of both the business sector and the citizens of unincorporated Douglas County. Therefore, effective June 26, 2012 through July 1, 2013 the licensing fees for Contractors of all types and classes, as set forth in Sections 116.3 and R116.3 of Resolution No. R-009-061, are hereby waived and shall not be collected by the Chief Building Official until further resolution of the Board of County Commissioners.
The waiver only pertains to fees, all remaining requirements for Contractor’s licenses as set forth in Douglas County Resolution R-009-061 and the 2006 International Building Code, 2006 International Residential Code, 2006 International Plumbing Code, 2006 International Mechanical Code, 2006 International Fuel Gas Code, 2006 International Energy Conservation Code, and the 2008 National Electrical Code, shall remain in full force and effect.
General contractors, roofing and mechanical contractors must be licensed with Douglas County. Electrical and Plumbing contractors must be registered with Douglas County by providing proof of Licensing with the State of Colorado.
For more information please visit www.douglas.co.us/building/Contractor_Registration.html
Top Castle Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Person of interest’ in Greenwood Village slaying killed self, police say
- Prison sentence for man who sexually assaulted step-daughter
- Colorado veterans making life-saving product for the battlefield
- Two-alarm fire breaks out at Southglenn shopping center
- Fix Me Friday: Young soccer star gets upgraded at Soccer Stop
- Highlands Ranch vandalism leaves 20 windows shattered
- Is it ethical to have unpaid interns? Many don’t think so
- Five puppies found abandoned in restroom trashcan in Highlands Ranch
- New technology could help more women get pregnant via in vitro fertilization
- Prince Harry attends opening ceremony of Warrior games in Colo. Springs