Free County Fair Admission all day Friday, Aug. 5 | Community Spirit
It’s Douglas County’s 150th Anniversary and the Board of County Commissioners – Jill Repella, Jack Hilbert, and Steve Boand – today unveiled the County’s gift to the public – free County Fair general admission all day on Friday, August 5.
Welcoming all in Douglas County to join them for fun, entertainment and the great American tradition of the annual County Fair, the Board also invited the public to join them at the Fair for the official public celebration of the County’s 150th Anniversary, also on August 5, beginning at 12:30 at the Fairgrounds’ Indoor Arena.
Free General Admission includes two concerts; dog, horse and handler competitions; cricket races; FFA barn tours; Mutton Bustin’; the 4-H/FFA Jr. Livestock Sale; as well as viewing of all Open Class Displays.
Free Fair general admission on August 5 does not include entry to ticketed events such as the PRCA Rodeo or carnival rides.
Fair hours on August 5 are Noon until 11:30 p.m. Parking is free. The Douglas County Fair and Rodeo is located at 500 Fairgrounds Drive in Castle Rock.
For additional information, please visit http://www.douglascountyfairandrodeo.com/
Top Castle Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Person of interest’ in Greenwood Village slaying killed self, police say
- Prison sentence for man who sexually assaulted step-daughter
- Colorado veterans making life-saving product for the battlefield
- Two-alarm fire breaks out at Southglenn shopping center
- Fix Me Friday: Young soccer star gets upgraded at Soccer Stop
- Five puppies found abandoned in restroom trashcan in Highlands Ranch
- New technology could help more women get pregnant via in vitro fertilization
- Prince Harry attends opening ceremony of Warrior games in Colo. Springs
- Gun fired inside Highlands Ranch restaurant
- Former CIA contractor in court over parking spot fight