Stage 2 fire restrictions reinstated in Douglas County | Environment
- Open burning of any kind.
- Use and sale of fireworks.
- Use of charcoal grills and fires in chimineas, other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits.
- Campfires at developed campgrounds or picnic areas.
- Cooking on gas or liquid fueled stoves or grills.
Violation of these fire restrictions is a Class-2 Petty Offense, punishable by up to a $600.00 fine and a $22.00 surcharge. Additional information on fire restriction stages can be located at the Douglas County Emergency Management website: http://www.dcsheriff.net/emergencymanagement/Fire_Restrictions.html
Top Castle Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Person of interest’ in Greenwood Village slaying killed self, police say
- Prison sentence for man who sexually assaulted step-daughter
- Colorado veterans making life-saving product for the battlefield
- Two-alarm fire breaks out at Southglenn shopping center
- Fix Me Friday: Young soccer star gets upgraded at Soccer Stop
- Five puppies found abandoned in restroom trashcan in Highlands Ranch
- New technology could help more women get pregnant via in vitro fertilization
- Prince Harry attends opening ceremony of Warrior games in Colo. Springs
- Gun fired inside Highlands Ranch restaurant
- Former CIA contractor in court over parking spot fight