Pre-Evacuation Orders for Southwestern Douglas County Residents | Environment
Area of Interest: S. County Line to Noe Rd. – Spruce Mountain Rd to Rampart Range Rd.
This is Douglas Regional 9-1-1 with a pre-evacuation warning. The Waldo Canyon fire burning in El Paso County is expanding and poses a threat to residents of southwestern Douglas County. The specific area included in this pre-evacuation warning is bounded by the Palmer Divide Road on the south, Noe Road on the north, Spruce Mountain on the east, and Rampart Range Rd.on the west.
Residents in the affected area need to make immediate plans for the evacuation and care of family members and animals. The Douglas County Fairgrounds in Castle Rock can accommodate evacuees and large animals should an evacuation become necessary. Residents are urged to gather important documents, medications, and important personal effects so that they will be immediately available should conditions deteriorate.
Please monitor local news channels for fire updates. If the fire comes dangerously close to your area, an evacuation order will be sent to this same telephone number. However, residents must maintain situational awareness. If you are in danger, DO NOT WAIT for an evacuation order. Take the initiative to leave immediately if local conditions warrant such action.
Please refrain from calling 9-1-1 unless you have an actual emergency. Check the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office website, DCSHERIFF.NET, for updates. Again, this is a pre-evacuation warning for your area.
If an evacuation is necessary, residents will need to evacuate to the North.
Upcoming Events near Castle Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multi-vehicle crash closes NB I-25 in south metro Denver, several hurt
- Water main break may close Centennial street for multiple days
- Broncos coach John Fox, 700 other men get together to fight breast cancer
- Explosions, 3 floors engulfed during 2-alarm Centennial condo fire
- Second robber convicted after victim fought off two attackers with a hammer
- Someone may be shooting randomly at cars on Jefferson County highways
- Group threatens to sue charter school over students’ charitable project
- Ramp from EB C-470 to NB I-25 closed for emergency repairs
- Tip about explosive device leads to bomb squad search at Chatfield H.S.
- 7th grader’s beer experiment heading to International Space Station
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them
- Pizza business concerned about impact of possible King Soopers expansion