Ride the Rockies rerouted through Loveland | Events
Due to the High Park Fire and associated air quality concerns, the final leg of the Ride the Rockies bicycle event between Estes Park and Fort Collins will be rerouted Friday through Loveland. About 2,400 riders will travel through the west side of Loveland from about 7 a.m.-noon on their way to their final destination, the Odell brewery in downtown Fort Collins.
Riders will use the bike lanes on Loveland roadways, and police personnel will assist with traffic control at major intersections. The revised route shortens the riders’ total route by about 8 miles.
The new route is:
- Hwy 34 (Eisenhower) into Loveland to Wilson Avenue
- North on Wilson to 50th Street
- East on 50th Street to Taft Avenue
- North on Taft to Laurel Street in Fort Collins
- East on Laurel to Loomis Street
- North on Loomis to Mountain Avenue
- East on Mountain Avenue onto Lincoln to the Odell Brewing Company.
Top Castle Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Person of interest’ in Greenwood Village slaying killed self, police say
- Prison sentence for man who sexually assaulted step-daughter
- Colorado veterans making life-saving product for the battlefield
- Two-alarm fire breaks out at Southglenn shopping center
- Fix Me Friday: Young soccer star gets upgraded at Soccer Stop
- Five puppies found abandoned in restroom trashcan in Highlands Ranch
- New technology could help more women get pregnant via in vitro fertilization
- Prince Harry attends opening ceremony of Warrior games in Colo. Springs
- Gun fired inside Highlands Ranch restaurant
- Former CIA contractor in court over parking spot fight