Ride the Rockies rerouted through Loveland | Events
Due to the High Park Fire and associated air quality concerns, the final leg of the Ride the Rockies bicycle event between Estes Park and Fort Collins will be rerouted Friday through Loveland. About 2,400 riders will travel through the west side of Loveland from about 7 a.m.-noon on their way to their final destination, the Odell brewery in downtown Fort Collins.
Riders will use the bike lanes on Loveland roadways, and police personnel will assist with traffic control at major intersections. The revised route shortens the riders’ total route by about 8 miles.
The new route is:
- Hwy 34 (Eisenhower) into Loveland to Wilson Avenue
- North on Wilson to 50th Street
- East on 50th Street to Taft Avenue
- North on Taft to Laurel Street in Fort Collins
- East on Laurel to Loomis Street
- North on Loomis to Mountain Avenue
- East on Mountain Avenue onto Lincoln to the Odell Brewing Company.
Upcoming Events near Castle Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multi-vehicle crash closes NB I-25 in south metro Denver, several hurt
- Water main break may close Centennial street for multiple days
- Broncos coach John Fox, 700 other men get together to fight breast cancer
- Explosions, 3 floors engulfed during 2-alarm Centennial condo fire
- Second robber convicted after victim fought off two attackers with a hammer
- Someone may be shooting randomly at cars on Jefferson County highways
- Group threatens to sue charter school over students’ charitable project
- Ramp from EB C-470 to NB I-25 closed for emergency repairs
- Tip about explosive device leads to bomb squad search at Chatfield H.S.
- 7th grader’s beer experiment heading to International Space Station
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them
- Pizza business concerned about impact of possible King Soopers expansion