Pig'nic In The Park at Park Meadows Mall | Events
Join Park Meadows and Families First for the big kick-off event, Pig'nic In The Park, for the annual Pigs On Pedestals display. Bring the family for this fun-filled event on Saturday, June 16 from noon to 3pm, and enjoy activities and entertainment for kids in the Vistas outdoor area and Vistas Court at Park Meadows. For the kiddies, there will be treats, crafts, balloon animals, a pig-coloring contest, and Sparkles the Clown! Adults can enter a drawing to win tickets to the Country Fair, Families First annual kick-up-your-heels fundraiser on July 15 at Four-Mile Historic Park.
Drop by Park Meadows Mall to see the curiously kooky Pigs on Pedestals. Vote for your favorite piggy bank between June 15 – July 10l and win an opportunity for your family to chow down on some BBQ and listen to the Walker Williams Band at the Country Fair, Families First’s summer fundraiser.
Connie Genova, Director of Sponsorships for the Pigs on Pedestals at Families First said “Helping to protect and care for children is why these piggy banks are created.......Every year, I think it's impossible for our artists to design a cuter, more clever Piggy Bank to honor our sponsors, but they always do.....Knowing they are helping to prevent child abuse and neglect brings out their best talents mixed with lots of heart and soul.”
In the recent past, there were over 80,000 reports of child abuse and neglect in Colorado. That means every seat at Sports Authority Field could be occupied by an abused child. Families First has been serving the Colorado community for over a quarter of a century by responding to the needs of all families. Families First provides a bi-lingual Support Line (1-800-CHILDREN), as well as parenting classes, and a residential treatment center for abused children. For more information, visit FamiliesFirstColorado.org.
Upcoming Events near Castle Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multi-vehicle crash closes NB I-25 in south metro Denver, several hurt
- Water main break may close Centennial street for multiple days
- Broncos coach John Fox, 700 other men get together to fight breast cancer
- Explosions, 3 floors engulfed during 2-alarm Centennial condo fire
- Second robber convicted after victim fought off two attackers with a hammer
- Someone may be shooting randomly at cars on Jefferson County highways
- Group threatens to sue charter school over students’ charitable project
- Ramp from EB C-470 to NB I-25 closed for emergency repairs
- Tip about explosive device leads to bomb squad search at Chatfield H.S.
- 7th grader’s beer experiment heading to International Space Station
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them
- Pizza business concerned about impact of possible King Soopers expansion