Hail, rain damage Castle Rock King Soopers | News
CASTLE ROCK, Colo. – The King Soopers store at I-25 and Founders Parkway could be closed for three days due to extreme hail damage to the roof and water damage inside the store.
The area was in the bull’s eye of a storm which hit the region late Wednesday.
One customer described ping pong ball size hail in the parking lot.
“I’ve got a cup of hail that fell probably about an hour ago, and it’s still large. There’s one in here that’s probably two inches in diameter,” said Dave Bisbeck.
Upcoming Events near Castle Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multi-vehicle crash closes NB I-25 in south metro Denver, several hurt
- Water main break may close Centennial street for multiple days
- Broncos coach John Fox, 700 other men get together to fight breast cancer
- Explosions, 3 floors engulfed during 2-alarm Centennial condo fire
- Second robber convicted after victim fought off two attackers with a hammer
- Someone may be shooting randomly at cars on Jefferson County highways
- Group threatens to sue charter school over students’ charitable project
- Ramp from EB C-470 to NB I-25 closed for emergency repairs
- Tip about explosive device leads to bomb squad search at Chatfield H.S.
- 7th grader’s beer experiment heading to International Space Station
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them
- Pizza business concerned about impact of possible King Soopers expansion