Colorado’s first-ever June primary election takes place today | News
DENVER — It’s primary election day in Colorado. There are just a few races being contested in the state’s first-ever June primary.
Most candidates are running unopposed.There are 29 races statewide where two members of the same party are competing in the all-mail ballot.
Race winners will go on to the November general election.
Wildfires in places like El Paso County are complicating the election for thousands of people evacuated from their homes.
People there can drop off ballots in Teller County, or they can arrange for fax or email ballots.
In Denver, there are 13 voter service centers open where ballots can be dropped off. Follow this link for information and locations.
If you don’t live in Denver, check your county clerk and recorders office for information about ballot drop-off locations in your area.
Upcoming Events near Castle Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multi-vehicle crash closes NB I-25 in south metro Denver, several hurt
- Water main break may close Centennial street for multiple days
- Broncos coach John Fox, 700 other men get together to fight breast cancer
- Explosions, 3 floors engulfed during 2-alarm Centennial condo fire
- Second robber convicted after victim fought off two attackers with a hammer
- Someone may be shooting randomly at cars on Jefferson County highways
- Group threatens to sue charter school over students’ charitable project
- Ramp from EB C-470 to NB I-25 closed for emergency repairs
- Tip about explosive device leads to bomb squad search at Chatfield H.S.
- 7th grader’s beer experiment heading to International Space Station
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them
- Pizza business concerned about impact of possible King Soopers expansion