More record-breaking heat possible through weekend | News
DENVER — If you live in the Metro area, be prepared for Mother Nature to bring more record-breaking heat over the next three days.
Chief Meteorologist Dave Fraser says it’s possible we could hit 100 degrees Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The high temperature Thursday was 100 degrees in Denver.
It’s not going to do anything to improve the drought picture in Colorado. The map is covered with severe drought in orange, extreme conditions in red, and exceptional conditions in the dark color in the Pueblo region.
There is little to no precipitation forecast during this stretch of triple-digit heat.
Top Castle Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Person of interest’ in Greenwood Village slaying killed self, police say
- Prison sentence for man who sexually assaulted step-daughter
- Colorado veterans making life-saving product for the battlefield
- Two-alarm fire breaks out at Southglenn shopping center
- Fix Me Friday: Young soccer star gets upgraded at Soccer Stop
- Five puppies found abandoned in restroom trashcan in Highlands Ranch
- New technology could help more women get pregnant via in vitro fertilization
- Prince Harry attends opening ceremony of Warrior games in Colo. Springs
- Gun fired inside Highlands Ranch restaurant
- Former CIA contractor in court over parking spot fight