More record-breaking heat possible through weekend | News
DENVER — If you live in the Metro area, be prepared for Mother Nature to bring more record-breaking heat over the next three days.
Chief Meteorologist Dave Fraser says it’s possible we could hit 100 degrees Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The high temperature Thursday was 100 degrees in Denver.
It’s not going to do anything to improve the drought picture in Colorado. The map is covered with severe drought in orange, extreme conditions in red, and exceptional conditions in the dark color in the Pueblo region.
There is little to no precipitation forecast during this stretch of triple-digit heat.
Upcoming Events near Castle Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multi-vehicle crash closes NB I-25 in south metro Denver, several hurt
- Water main break may close Centennial street for multiple days
- Broncos coach John Fox, 700 other men get together to fight breast cancer
- Explosions, 3 floors engulfed during 2-alarm Centennial condo fire
- Second robber convicted after victim fought off two attackers with a hammer
- Someone may be shooting randomly at cars on Jefferson County highways
- Group threatens to sue charter school over students’ charitable project
- Ramp from EB C-470 to NB I-25 closed for emergency repairs
- Tip about explosive device leads to bomb squad search at Chatfield H.S.
- 7th grader’s beer experiment heading to International Space Station
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them
- Pizza business concerned about impact of possible King Soopers expansion