Colorado foreclosures hit 3-and-a-half-year low | News
DENVER-- Home foreclosures in Colorado's metropolitan counties fell to a surprising level in October according to a report released Wednesday.
It's the lowest level since early in 2008.
Auction sales were down 28 percent in October as compared to October 2010 according to Colorado Division of Housing spokesman Ryan McMaken.
Foreclosed home sales went from 1,300 in Oct. 2010 to 940 in Oct. 2011. New foreclosure filings also fell from 3,000 to 2,350
McMaken says the downward trend in Colorado foreclosures is expected to continue.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
Top Castle Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Person of interest’ in Greenwood Village slaying killed self, police say
- Prison sentence for man who sexually assaulted step-daughter
- Colorado veterans making life-saving product for the battlefield
- Two-alarm fire breaks out at Southglenn shopping center
- Fix Me Friday: Young soccer star gets upgraded at Soccer Stop
- Five puppies found abandoned in restroom trashcan in Highlands Ranch
- New technology could help more women get pregnant via in vitro fertilization
- Prince Harry attends opening ceremony of Warrior games in Colo. Springs
- Gun fired inside Highlands Ranch restaurant
- Former CIA contractor in court over parking spot fight