Colorado foreclosures hit 3-and-a-half-year low | News
DENVER-- Home foreclosures in Colorado's metropolitan counties fell to a surprising level in October according to a report released Wednesday.
It's the lowest level since early in 2008.
Auction sales were down 28 percent in October as compared to October 2010 according to Colorado Division of Housing spokesman Ryan McMaken.
Foreclosed home sales went from 1,300 in Oct. 2010 to 940 in Oct. 2011. New foreclosure filings also fell from 3,000 to 2,350
McMaken says the downward trend in Colorado foreclosures is expected to continue.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
Upcoming Events near Castle Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multi-vehicle crash closes NB I-25 in south metro Denver, several hurt
- Water main break may close Centennial street for multiple days
- Broncos coach John Fox, 700 other men get together to fight breast cancer
- Explosions, 3 floors engulfed during 2-alarm Centennial condo fire
- Second robber convicted after victim fought off two attackers with a hammer
- Someone may be shooting randomly at cars on Jefferson County highways
- Group threatens to sue charter school over students’ charitable project
- Ramp from EB C-470 to NB I-25 closed for emergency repairs
- Tip about explosive device leads to bomb squad search at Chatfield H.S.
- 7th grader’s beer experiment heading to International Space Station
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them
- Pizza business concerned about impact of possible King Soopers expansion