Council appointments fill most vacancies on Town boards and commissions | Politics
Nearly all of the vacancies on the Town’s 13 boards and commissions were filled Tuesday, with Town Council’s appointment of 28 residents to the groups.
Boards and commissions study information in specific areas and make recommendations to Town Council on issues within that board’s area of expertise.
Many of the appointments were reappointments, but there are some newcomers to the groups: Donald Eby joined the Board of Adjustment, and Kevin McNeill the Board of Building Appeals for three-year terms. Angel Horvath (representing the Castle Rock Historical Society) filled a partial-term vacancy on the Design Review Board, and Ryan McDaniel is now part of the Historic Preservation Board.
The Parks and Recreation Commission has three new members: Jeremy Cleveland and Christi Hilgenkamp, who will serve partial, one-year terms, and Tim Miller. Rounding out the newcomers are Chris Horton on the Planning Commission; Ana Teresa Maymi and Helene Strebel on the Public Art Commission; Eric Butticaz, Robert DiLaura and Richard Scivicque on the Public Safety Commission; Martin Karol on the Public Works Commission; and Dan Ahrens on the Utilities Commission.
Council also reappointed these volunteers, who will serve two-year terms, except where noted:
• Historic Preservation Board (three-year terms): Leann Breitkreutz and Fred Edison
• Liquor Licensing Authority: Steve DeLeo and Bruce Pederson
• Parks and Recreation Commission: Carla Collinge and Caryn Johnson
• Planning Commission (three-year terms): Barbara Dash and Michael Fronczak
• Public Art Commission: Hattie Reed and Alison Stewart
• Public Safety Commission: Millie Bennett
• Public Works Commission (three-year term): Robert Wells
• Utilities Commission: George Olsen
Interviews are pending with applicants for the Downtown Development Authority and Election Commission. Those appointments will be made soon.
Also, on May 10, the Planning Commission appointed Rick Wood to serve a one-year term on the Board of Adjustment and Andrew Hauss to serve a partial term on the Design Review Board.
Top Castle Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Person of interest’ in Greenwood Village slaying killed self, police say
- Prison sentence for man who sexually assaulted step-daughter
- Colorado veterans making life-saving product for the battlefield
- Two-alarm fire breaks out at Southglenn shopping center
- Fix Me Friday: Young soccer star gets upgraded at Soccer Stop
- Five puppies found abandoned in restroom trashcan in Highlands Ranch
- New technology could help more women get pregnant via in vitro fertilization
- Prince Harry attends opening ceremony of Warrior games in Colo. Springs
- Gun fired inside Highlands Ranch restaurant
- Former CIA contractor in court over parking spot fight