Council appointments fill most vacancies on Town boards and commissions | Politics
Nearly all of the vacancies on the Town’s 13 boards and commissions were filled Tuesday, with Town Council’s appointment of 28 residents to the groups.
Boards and commissions study information in specific areas and make recommendations to Town Council on issues within that board’s area of expertise.
Many of the appointments were reappointments, but there are some newcomers to the groups: Donald Eby joined the Board of Adjustment, and Kevin McNeill the Board of Building Appeals for three-year terms. Angel Horvath (representing the Castle Rock Historical Society) filled a partial-term vacancy on the Design Review Board, and Ryan McDaniel is now part of the Historic Preservation Board.
The Parks and Recreation Commission has three new members: Jeremy Cleveland and Christi Hilgenkamp, who will serve partial, one-year terms, and Tim Miller. Rounding out the newcomers are Chris Horton on the Planning Commission; Ana Teresa Maymi and Helene Strebel on the Public Art Commission; Eric Butticaz, Robert DiLaura and Richard Scivicque on the Public Safety Commission; Martin Karol on the Public Works Commission; and Dan Ahrens on the Utilities Commission.
Council also reappointed these volunteers, who will serve two-year terms, except where noted:
• Historic Preservation Board (three-year terms): Leann Breitkreutz and Fred Edison
• Liquor Licensing Authority: Steve DeLeo and Bruce Pederson
• Parks and Recreation Commission: Carla Collinge and Caryn Johnson
• Planning Commission (three-year terms): Barbara Dash and Michael Fronczak
• Public Art Commission: Hattie Reed and Alison Stewart
• Public Safety Commission: Millie Bennett
• Public Works Commission (three-year term): Robert Wells
• Utilities Commission: George Olsen
Interviews are pending with applicants for the Downtown Development Authority and Election Commission. Those appointments will be made soon.
Also, on May 10, the Planning Commission appointed Rick Wood to serve a one-year term on the Board of Adjustment and Andrew Hauss to serve a partial term on the Design Review Board.
Upcoming Events near Castle Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multi-vehicle crash closes NB I-25 in south metro Denver, several hurt
- Water main break may close Centennial street for multiple days
- Broncos coach John Fox, 700 other men get together to fight breast cancer
- Explosions, 3 floors engulfed during 2-alarm Centennial condo fire
- Second robber convicted after victim fought off two attackers with a hammer
- Someone may be shooting randomly at cars on Jefferson County highways
- Group threatens to sue charter school over students’ charitable project
- Ramp from EB C-470 to NB I-25 closed for emergency repairs
- Tip about explosive device leads to bomb squad search at Chatfield H.S.
- 7th grader’s beer experiment heading to International Space Station
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them
- Pizza business concerned about impact of possible King Soopers expansion