Senator Udall praises Interior Department Report on Colorado's Job-Creating Natural Resources | Politics
Mark Udall issued the following statement after an Interior Department report showed that resources the agency manages contributed $14.4 billion to Colorado's economy in 2011 and supported 74,203 jobs in fields ranging from energy and mineral development to tourism and outdoor recreation:
"This report underlines what many Coloradans already know: Colorado is home to the very best natural resources and economic drivers in the country," Udall said. "From our clean-burning natural gas to our national parks and monuments, our resources are some of the state's most powerful job creators and revenue creators for local communities and businesses."
Udall serves on the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee and heads its Subcommittee on National Parks.
Please contact Mike Saccone at 202-224-4334.
Top Castle Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Person of interest’ in Greenwood Village slaying killed self, police say
- Prison sentence for man who sexually assaulted step-daughter
- Colorado veterans making life-saving product for the battlefield
- Two-alarm fire breaks out at Southglenn shopping center
- Fix Me Friday: Young soccer star gets upgraded at Soccer Stop
- Five puppies found abandoned in restroom trashcan in Highlands Ranch
- New technology could help more women get pregnant via in vitro fertilization
- Prince Harry attends opening ceremony of Warrior games in Colo. Springs
- Gun fired inside Highlands Ranch restaurant
- Former CIA contractor in court over parking spot fight