Little Spikers introductory volleyball camp | Sports & Recreation
Introductory Volleyball Camp
Ages 4 to 7 years
3 Session Mini-Camp
Tue 7/17, Wed 7/18 & Thu 7/19
1pm to 2:30pm
Coach: Karen Callahan
Location: Word of Life
To Register, visit NoLimitsVolleyball.org
You may think this is too young to learn volleyball...but these kids have a blast!!! Young aspiring players join phenomenal coach, mom, and former NCAA Division 1 college volleyball player Karen for fun activities and games that introduce & develop the basic fundamental skills of volleyball (bump, set, spike and serve), while cultivating gross motor skills, hand-eye coordination, team play and positive sportsmanship! Budding players will have an amazingly fun time while staying active and expanding cognitive development by learning new techniques through volleyball-related activities designed specifically for small hands and free spirits. Coach Karen has a very strong background in elementary education, physical development of children, and knows just the right touch to make volleyball appropriate for this age.
"VERY IMPRESSED!!! I never thought that a camp for 4-6 year olds could be that good!
LOVED the coaches, LOVED the drills, LOVED seeing the learning!
What a great thing you are doing for young players! :) Our daughter loved it!!!"
—Tiffany L, Parker
"My daughter really did enjoy the Little Spikers camp!!! The coach does an
AWESOME job, and I know she would love to do it again if she can!!!"
—Lola H, Highlands Ranch
"We have many friends who play volleyball with you guys and LOVE it!!!
We gave our daugther the Little Spikers camp for Christmas,
and she had a blast!!! I loved the coaching!!!"
—Jennie S, Castle Pines
"My daughter had a great time at Little Spikers!!! All my feedback would be
very positive for the coach and the camp!!! It was a great experience!!!"
—Colby E, Aurora
"Coach KJ is amazing!!! My husband and I both loved her approach with the kiddos!!!
I have already encouraged a friend's daughter to try out the Little Spikers!!!"
—Leah K, Parker
"I thought the coach did a great job, and my daughter really enjoyed it!!! Keep me on your mailing list,
as I would like to sign her up for another session in the future!!!"
—Josh C, Denver
Karen Callahan, Coach & Instructor
Karen started playing volleyball in 5th grade and advanced to club volleyball (Mile High Volleyball Club), high school volleyball (Bear Creek High School), and college volleyball on scholarship for an NCAA Division 1 school (University of Southern Mississippi). She has been coaching for more than a decade and has coached competitive youth volleyball in many venues, including middle school (Gold Crown), club (Mile High Volleyball Club), high school (Columbine High School), and numerous lessons and group clinics.At more than six feet tall, Karen continues to play women’s and outdoor volleyball at a high level. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology and English from the University of Southern Mississippi and a Master’s Degree in Education Psychology from the University of Colorado. Karen has an active Colorado teaching license and is currently an instructional coach for Jefferson County Public Schools.
“I love seeing the growth in kids athletically and with regard to their confidence. In addition, the connection with the players and their families is an awesome bonus!”
"Karen is an amazing coach. She is respectful to all the players, and she is open and honest.
She does a great job of commending them on their play as well as discussing in a respectful
one-on-one manner what needs to change. Her knowledge of the sport, her patience with
the kids, and her balanced approach to the game without excessive emphasis on wins is
refreshing. I have the utmost respect for her as a head coach."
—Andi R, Denver
*Preregistration and prepayment required!!!
*All refunds subject to a 20% administrative fee!!!
*No refunds for ANY reason within 48 hours of a clinic!!!
Upcoming Events near Castle Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multi-vehicle crash closes NB I-25 in south metro Denver, several hurt
- Water main break may close Centennial street for multiple days
- Broncos coach John Fox, 700 other men get together to fight breast cancer
- Explosions, 3 floors engulfed during 2-alarm Centennial condo fire
- Second robber convicted after victim fought off two attackers with a hammer
- Someone may be shooting randomly at cars on Jefferson County highways
- Group threatens to sue charter school over students’ charitable project
- Ramp from EB C-470 to NB I-25 closed for emergency repairs
- Tip about explosive device leads to bomb squad search at Chatfield H.S.
- 7th grader’s beer experiment heading to International Space Station
- Police: Man tries to lure Parker teens into vehicle attached to camper
- Former Littleton officer pleads guilty to firearm, drug trafficking crimes
- VIDEO: Residents spot moose wandering loose in Parker
- Family: Lost dogs were re-adopted before they had a chance to claim them
- Pizza business concerned about impact of possible King Soopers expansion