CDOT is receiving a $15 million grant | Transportation
CDOT is receiving a $15 million grant. The money comes from Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery - TIGER funds will allow the Colorado Department of Transportation to resurface a six mile portion of I-25 north of Denver and extend managed toll lanes.
Currently, drivers on Interstate 25, an essential highway in the movement of goods and people across the West, experience significant congestion and delays in their commutes. Managed lanes offer a less congested alternative for high-occupancy vehicles and express bus service, while charging variable prices for single occupant vehicles based on overall demand. This project is the result of immense collaboration with the support of 24 project partners.
Top Castle Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Person of interest’ in Greenwood Village slaying killed self, police say
- Prison sentence for man who sexually assaulted step-daughter
- Colorado veterans making life-saving product for the battlefield
- Two-alarm fire breaks out at Southglenn shopping center
- Fix Me Friday: Young soccer star gets upgraded at Soccer Stop